20. Don’t turn the lights off.
If you’re in bed together, turning off the lights and closing your eyes might seem like a great way to climax, but you’re essentially shutting the other person out and inviting thoughts of others in…
19. Do more than your fair share
Never keep score about who has done what or paid for what. If you really are committed, doing more than the other person only adds to the pot.
18. The grass is greener where you water it
Not on the authorised of the fence. If you want it greener on your side, you’ll need to tend it and water it.
17. Follow the Love, Co-hab, Marriage, Children flow
For those looking to start a family, don’t assume having children will lead to marriage. If you’re still waiting for him to propose, you’ll be waiting much longer fro him to be a real father. And if he’s never wanted to live together, jumping into marriage is the same thing.
16. You don’t have to be happy, to be happy together
Just because work sucks or school sucks or you have money or health problems, it doesn’t mean your relationship can’t be a happy one. Focus on that one thing together and the other problems will feel less severe.
15. Always hold hands when talking about the hard stuff.
It helps to keep the negative emotions in check & shows you care.
14. Keep no secrets, tell no lies.
But don’t use this rule to hurt someone and gain points.
13. Love is an action, not a feeling
12. Live your love life off-line
If you love someone, say it to their face, don’t tag them in a message
11. Remember you’re a team
10. Don’t ever sleep on the couch
You might be angry, but sleeping on the couch is like saying, ‘I would leave if I could’.
9. See what others se in your SO
That way, you won’t risk losing them by not giving the attention they deserve
Treat your partner as you would like to be treated yourself
7. Find a common goal
For some couples this is family or church, but it could be a new hobby you take up together
6. Cook together
Take it in turn to play chef and assistant to make meal times a bonding event
5. Don’t compare your SO to your ex, even in your head
Your ex isn’t here and it’s easy to forget the bad stuff to make your anger at your SO justifiable
4. Tell them they are special
Because they are, they’re with you
3. Talk face to face
Eye contact promotes bonding
2. Dream big
Make plans together for a vacation, a business or even a weekend
1. Know it is forever…
Never consider your marriage a temporary arrangement. It’s to a job, it’s your life!